Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I met the Jesus guy :)


I was working on a submission for JPG Magazine called "Nice to Meet You" today and got to meet a really neat person. I see this guy every day standing on 66th St. and University Ave., and when the assignment came up, which was to meet someone, get their portrait and some information, he automatically came to mind.

His name's Johnny, and every day except Saturday, he's out from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. with his sign. He's been doing this for about three months because, as he said, "It's what the Lord Jesus told me to do."

I call him "The Jesus Guy" because that's all I knew about him. I mean no disrespect by this nickname, it's just a descriptor. I personally think he does a service to the world by showing that kind of dedication to his beliefs. I myself don't consider myself a religious person, but I am very spiritual. It does my heart good to know people like him are out in the world.

No comments: