Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am completely happy :)

I spent all afternoon trying my best to capture the most miraculous thing I've ever seen. I was eating lunch over at the Lubbock Garden and Arts Center and noticed there were a lot of butterflies flitting around the flowers in front of the building. I decided to go get my boyfriend's film SLR camera to get a few pics.

When I got back, I realized the full enormity of what I was witnessing. This was part of the Monarch butterfly migration and there were literally hundreds of butterflies from different species, including of course many monarchs. They were gorging themselves on those flowers and those in a garden area inside the arboretum. They were so involved in what they were doing, I could literally take pictures from inches away. I even reached out to a few, and they put their legs on my finger :).

I was out a couple of hours and took about six rolls of films, which I'll be developing soon, but I was also able to get a few digital pics as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my extraordinary day :).

No comments: